As well as publishing Faith&Thought journal twice a year, we also host an annual symposium, and run regular essay competitions.
Essay Competition - 2016
Faith and Thought Prize Essay Competition
A prize of £500 is offered for the best essay on the subject:
Closing date 30th September 2016
This essay competition is open to all, with a particular focus on young people (sixth formers and undergraduates). Please encourage people you may know to take part.
- Essays of any length accepted (up to a maximum of 7000 words)
- The essay should be factual not (science) fiction
- It can be scientific, theological, philosophical or a mixture of one or more of these.
- Ethical issues should be addressed, e.g. What is the purpose of designer babies? Who would benefit from their creation? Would it herald a better ‘brave new world’? What about human rights, individuality, and autonomy? How might potential misuses be avoided?
- Entries will be professionally refereed and if the referee considers that the prize should be shared between two entries the trustees decision will be final.
Submit your essay by email to Honorary Secretary: email@example.com or post to Dr Alan Kerry, 3 Dukes Place, 19 Watford Road, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire, WD3 3DP. Essays will be anonymously passed to an adjudicator for assessing, their decision is final.
Find out more about the symposia, listen to MP3s of the talks, or watch Youtube videos of the presentations here: